Helping you build successful Indigenous workplace inclusion strategies and corporate/Indigenous engagements
Climb the seven-stage Inclusion Continuum
Where is your company on the Inclusion Continuum?
Stage 1 – Indifference, Stage 2 – Intimidation, Stage 3 – Image, Stage 4 – Initiation, Stage 5 – Incubation, Stage 6 – Integration, Stage 7 – Inclusion
Seven Stage Engagement Framework
Our new partnership model is immersed in cultural understandings that can inform strategies and practices that are needed to successfully develop partnerships between Indigenous and non-Indigenous companies and organizations.Learn more
Corporate/Indigenous Partnerships for Employment Video & Workbook
Register to download Indigenous Works free Video and Workbook on
‘Corporate/Indigenous Partnerships for Employment’
Partnership Video And Guide
Indigenous Works has produced a free 19-minute Video and accompanying Guide.
The Video provides a tour of Indigenous Works’ 7-stage Partnership Model. Learn valuable insights and tips on the journey to develop and sustain successful Indigenous/ non-Indigenous partnerships.
- In January 2020, the national research organization tri-agencies (Canadian Institutes of Health Research, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council and, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council) released the strategic plan: Setting New Directions to Support Indigenous Research and Research Training in Canada (SIRC). The SIRC describes a number of areas for action, each of which has been addressed in a draft implementation plan developed by NSERC. Indigenous Works is expanding its work in the “Indigenous Innovation Agenda” to coordinate collaborations with our members, mainstream business and Indigenous community and business priorities.
- Inclusion Works '19 was a huge success! We wish to thank our Keynote, Speakers, Facilitators and Participants who contributed to the success of this annual event. Please click on this link to the Inclusion Works '19 page for photos, presentations and post-event information.
- We are excited to share our video - Indigenous Engagement. This 10 minute video presentation, hosted by Indigenous Works, is a profile of the strategies of many business sectors to develop partnerships with Corporate Canada.
- Guiding Circles Step One & Step Two Public Workshop Calendar 2020 access here.
- Click here to view Inclusion Works '18 Photos
- Click here to view photos and information on the recipients of the 2018 Workplace Inclusion Leadership Awards.
- Corporate Indigenous Learning Video and Guide offers help to Indigenous groups and businesses to build authentic partnerships. Click on this link to view the press release.
- Research Reveals Large Partnership Gaps Between Corporate Canada and Indigenous Communities. Click on this link to view the press release.
- Indigenous Works has released the National Report on Inclusion. You can view the National Report here.
A split second decision can change your entire life. This was the case for Adam Poitras. Check out this video created by True Calling Canada. Find out more about our partner True Calling at truecallingmedia.com!
Adam channels his passion of building things through his work as a Web & IT Manager at Indigenous Works, aimed towards workplace inclusion for the Indigenous Community.