'Creating Partnership Intersections'
View the Inclusion Works '18 Program-at-a-Glance . . . [more]
View the Inclusion Works '18 Detailed Program (subject to change without notice)
Join us for an Afternoon at the Movies - Monday, April 16th - 2:30 - 4:00 pm. "The Road Forward" is a musical documentary directed by Marie Clements, that connects a pivotal moment in Canada's civil rights history - the beginnings of Indian Nationalism in the 1930's - with the powerful momentum of First Nations' activism today. Brought to you by National Film Board of Canada. Come and join us for the complimentary film, popcorn and conversation. Screening onsite in the Mount Boucherie Room at the Delta Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort.
Inclusion Works '18 is a management learning forum focused on the theme of Indigenous/non-Indigenous partnership development. The skills and learning acquired at this event will build partnership skills and competencies. Leaders and managers from Indigenous organizations and companies will offer case study examples of their own partnership experiences and explain the strategies and practices which helped to build successful partnerships, for employment, business or social development.
The learning event will offer a step by step approach to partnership using a new 7-stage model which has been tested and tried by practitioners. The model breaks down the different stages of partnership formation from early engagement stages, to relationship building and entering into agreements. At the learning event discussions sessions will focus on key themes in areas such as building trust, communications and the role of leadership.
Strong partnerships are directly correlated to strength of outcomes
Thought Leaders on the 2018 Faculty include:
- Darrell Balkwill, Chief Executive Officer, Whitecap Development Corporation
- Patricia Baxter, Co-Chair, Indigenous Works
- Thomas Benjoe, President & Chief Executive Officer, FHQ Developments
- Brent Bergeron, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Sustainability, Goldcorp Inc.
- Rick Connors, CEO, Gitxsan Development Corp.
- John DeGiacomo, Executive Director, Anishinabek Employment & Training Services
- Trevor Gladue, Director, Indigenous Strategic Initiatives, CIVEO
- Carol Anne Hilton, CEO, Transformational International & Founder of the Indigenomics Institute
- Jeremy Kinch, CEO, Willbros Ltd.
- Adam King, Chief Executive Officer, Fort McKay Group of Companies
- Krista Laboucane, Manager, Aboriginal Employment Strategies, CIVEO
- Stephen Lindley, VP, Aboriginal and Northern Affairs, SNC-Lavalin Inc
- Judith Sayers, President, Nuu-chah-nulth Tribal Council
- Gaetan Thomas, CEO, NB Power
- Sean Willy, President, Des Nedhe Development
Registration is OPEN ! ! ! Get your exclusive seat to this one-of-a-kind event here.
General Delegate (includes all sessions, networking festival, awards and materials): $1,295+GST
Networking Festival, April 16 - 6:30-9:30pm : $150+GST (Please note this is included in general delegate fees)
Click on this link to learn more about the Partnership Model & our growing Faculty list.
ADDED Benefit . . . Add an additional day to your delegate package. . . Attend our Workforce Connex BC Forum on Thursday, April 19, 2018, at the same venue immediately after Inclusion Works. This event is complimentary to delegates attending Inclusion Works '18. This transportation/warehousing industry-focused one-day event will help you connect with regional Aboriginal Skills Employment & Training Agreement holders, other employers, industry associations and other stakeholders. While registering for Inclusion Works, you can add this complimentary event as a session to your registration. For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the Forum Agenda, please click on the link provided. Keep checking with us as we update our program ! !
We are holding a block of rooms at the Kelowna Delta Grand Okanagan Hotel by Marriott at a rate of $189 for a standard room (single or double occupancy). The block is being held until we sell out or until Thursday, March 15, 2018 at the latest.
RESERVE NOW! Please call the hotel directly at 1.250.763.4500 and refer to the Inclusion Works 2018 management learning event. You can also access the hotel's online registration system for Inclusion Works '18 by clicking on the link provided.